Re: Sarge nvidia: too low resolution

Thanks for all the answers. None worked. A part of my XF86Config-4 listed below, where I have tried different settings. The settings for HorizSync and VertRefresh are taken from my screen manual. I will keep on trying. The funny thing is that some tool named xf86conf or something, actually can display it self in the right resolution but it writes to the wrong config file and it disconnects my mouse and keyboard. A kingdom for my XF86Config-4 from my previous deleted linux installation :o)
Thanks again. I will keep you posted if I figure it out.
Still open for suggestions.

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Standard Video Kort"
	Driver		"nvidia"
        Option		"IgnoreEDID"		"true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"L1715S"
	HorizSync	30-83
	VertRefresh	56-75
	#Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Standard Video Kort"
	Monitor		"L1715S"
	DefaultDepth	16
	SubSection "Display"

Miroslav Maiksnar wrote:

Try adding following line in "Device" section:

 Option "IgnoreEDID" "true"

Also make sure there are valid "HorizSync" and "VertRefresh" entries in "Monitor" section

Mixi