Re: No fd0

jeff wrote:
I've been running testing on my home-built ASUS/Celeron for several months, with very few problems. Today, for the first time, though, I had occasion to use a floppy disk, and noticed that /dev/fd0 does not exist. /dev does have an "fd" symbolic, which points to /proc/self/fd, and there is a /.dev directory which DOES include an fd0 device. I'm running a stock 2.6.8-1-686 kerne, which includes CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_FD=m.

Any clues as to what this all means, and how I can get a /dev/fd0?

cd to /dev and exec ./MAKEDEV as root
MAKEDEV(8) helps 2

Thanks.
-jeff

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.