RE: Adaptec 2410SA RAID 1 with latest Debian Installer

 Just an update on this thread for the archives...

It appears that the problem is nothing to do with the Debian Installer
or BIOS etc.

The problem appears to be that after I configured the RAID 1 array in
the Adaptec BIOS, it was building and verifying in the background.

Even though the Adaptec BIOS states that the drive will be available,
but with degraded performance, apparently this is not really the case.

This morning, I waited until the array had finished rebuilding, and then
the drive appears first go with the Debian Installer, in fact I'm about
to partition it and continue with the install.

Peter Cole
Network Administration
Datacare Pty Ltd
Helpdesk:	(07) 3373 1111