vsftpd performance oddities

I have vsftpd installed onto a box running Sarge.

Using an older RedHat 7.2 box as a ftp client, I can push almost 2 MBps up to vsftpd without breaking a sweat.

However, using a Windows ftp client like LeechFTP, I can only push 40 KBps, despite using the same account, same server, and same network (switched 100baseT).

Does anyone have any ideas how to address this?  I would guess the problem's with the Windows-based client, but even the command-line driven Windows FTP client offers the same poor performance.

Thanks in advance for your help,

  -Nathan