Sarge iso images

Hi all,

wanting to install Debian on an old laptop, I burned the iso image of
the first sarge CD (Debian testing i386 Bin-1) which I obtained both
with jigdo and through direct HTTP retrieval.

The install process always halts telling me a file is missing on the CD.
The log console returns the following messages :

{timestamp-here} anna[PID here]: grep:
{timestamp-here} anna[PID here]: /cdrom/dists//Release
{timestamp-here} anna[PID here]: : No such file or directory.

The requested file is indeed absent from the CD. Is this the *real*
cause of the installer failure, or should I be looking elsewhere ?

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

P.S. : I succeeded in installing the stable distro, but wanted to run a
more recent kernel and thus switched to Sarge.

--
Mark Hoebeke                       mark.hoebeke@orange.fr
Public key ID: 1791397A (available at http://pgp.mit.edu)