emacs21 protocol error after upgrade from woody

Hi, I upgraded from Woody to testing today, things went smoothly for the most

part (woo hoo!), but now I'm getting the following error when trying to start

emacs (from emacs21 package):

            X protocol error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) on

protocol request 45

Fatal error (6).Aborted

I've uninstalled (even with --purge) and reinstalled emacs21, and it installs

cleanly, but when I try to start it I still get the same error.

Other apps seem to work fine.

Anybody have any ideas?