Re: Machine crashes after logging out of Gnome

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 03:37:17PM -0500, Jason Martens wrote:
> At any rate, the root of the problem is gdm crashing, but I can't get
> any logs because it doesn't save any before the crash occurs.

Sounds like a hardware problem. Are there any problems with other
software? First you could try to test memory with memtest86+. It could
also be the graphics card. Incompatibilities?

What hardware is installed on your system? Chipset, CPU, output from
lspci and so on...

ciao, Stefan.