Re: [Openswan Users] NAT-T in native stack??

Paul Wouters wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:

Perhaps Rene wants to enable this per default.

Might be an option, but I used to set it off by default because it broke stuff in earlier freeswan releases (where I applied the NAT-T patch). Is it "safe" now, i.e. is _everything_ expected to work with NAT-T being on that work when it is disabled ?

AFAIK, yes. Just make sure you have:

USE_NAT_TRAVERSAL_TRANSPORT_MODE?=true

in Makefile.inc. Note the _MODE part, which was missing in previous versions,
and might still be missing in 2.1.1. (It is fixed in cvs)
This is neccessary for WinXP/2K
Ok, added this to Makefile.inc.

For the native stack, also apply the fix from Nate that changed a test -d
to a test -f for /proc/modules in _startklips.
I did that for the Debian package, along with the CRL crash fix.

Since all issues now seem to be fixed, would it be possible to enable NAT-T by default in the upstream config file ? I could of course patch the config file for the Debian package, but I would rather like to have as few Debian-specific patches as possible.

best regards,
Rene