Re: dist-upgrade

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 06:38:40PM +0100, Dave Thorn wrote:

> So, I was running Sarge quite happily, updating upgrading now and then,
> when I decided to do a dist-upgrade (but staying within sarge).  This
> broke partway through, leaving me in a state where I can't install
> anything:
>
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
>   libxft-dev: Depends: libxft2 (= 2.1.2-5) but 2.1.2-6 is installed
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>
> Is there any way to fix this, anything I can do?  If not, if I wait long
> enough will it get fixed at some point when I
>
> apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade ?

I ran into this, perhaps a week ago.  If you do 'apt-get remove
libxft-dev' (there's about 2 or 3 packages in total this'll require you
to remove), then do your 'apt-get dist-upgrade', then reinstall
libxft-dev (and whatever other packages you had to remove), everything
will work fine (or at least appears to on my system).

--Andy

--
"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from."