Exim

First, I appologize if it is the wrong list to ask for.

My problem looks really easy, but after two days of documentation reading I still fail.

I have 2 debian systems running exim. Local mail delivery work fine on both of them, but I would like to send mails from one to the other and this fails. Local domain is not registered, I've no DNS but they can ping each other using symbolic names (thanks to /etc/hosts).

From one system, I can send a mail (which is delivered) using telnet on port 25 and the SMTP protocol. This makes me conclude that mail reception works fine but sender fail to route.

Using eximconfig, what is the best choise(s)?

Does anyone have any idea on the option I should set/change in exim.conf to get it work?

   Thanks,

--
Philippe Ribet

                        The README file said
             "Requires Windows 95, NT 4.0, or better."
                   So... I installed it on Linux!