Re: No fd0

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:18:04AM -0800, jeff wrote:
> had occasion to use a floppy disk, and noticed that /dev/fd0 does not
> exist.  /dev does have an "fd" symbolic, which points to /proc/self/fd,

fd is some stuff about file descriptors... not wat you want really.

> and there is a /.dev directory which DOES include an fd0 device.  I'm
> running a stock 2.6.8-1-686 kerne, which includes
> CONFIG_BLOCK_DEV_FD=m.
>
> Any clues as to what this all means, and how I can get a /dev/fd0?

Isn't the /dev/.dev/ thing because you're running udev or devfs?  Not
sure how MAKEDEV works with them tho, I'm not using eighter of them.

Wich you all the best figuring this out...
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The power of freedom