problem mounting NFS dir

Hi,
I try to mount my home directory which is on a file server (netapp I think) but I get a 'NFS warning: mount version older the kernel' and mount never returns. I can mount other directories from other (none netapp) servers without getting this warning. So I guess this is related to the interaction between the kernel and the specific server. When I use other distributions (Suse, Redhat, Gentoo) I don't have this problem.
I currently use Debian testing with kernel 2.6.8.1-k7.
Please help.
Thanks
Eli