Re: XMMS

Jason

> Make sure you have the ogg vorbis and mp3 codecs installed. I had
> to install the xmms-vorbis package.  They won't work without it.
> Also, fire up your mixer application (I right click on the sound
> level on the toolbar) and make sure that the PCM volume control is
> turned up.  On my system, the cds would play, but the PCM was not
> turned up by default. Also make sure you don't have any other
> applications using your sound card (like a cd player) and check if
> you have a sound server running by going to Applications/Desktop
> Preferences/Sound and make sure the "Enable sound server startup"
> is disabled.
> Hope this helps.

I think it does help a lot but I'm not sure about which direction this
is going in...

I've installed....   mozilla-plugin-vlc libvorbis0a libvorbisenc2 mp3c
mp32ogg arson libmp3-info-perl libstring-shellquote-perl
libunicode-string-perl  mpc vorbisgain id3v2 normalize vcdimager
xmms-mad

What happens now when I start XMMS is that I get the following GTK
based error message...

" failed to open audio output Alsa 1.2.10 output plugin"

What to do next ?

--
Richard