Re: Re: No sound in GNOME !!!

Matt Kraii wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 05:01:11PM +0200, xerces8 wrote:

> > So who should be notified, so that they don't forget to fix fhis ?

> Please file a bug against gstreamer0.8-plugins, requesting a
> dependency on gstreamer0.8-oss.

I just ran into the same problem installing debian testing and gnome for a friend yesterday.

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install x-window-system
apt-get install less
apt-get install gnome
apt-get install gdm2
was all that was run.

gstreamer0.8-plugins wasn't installed. When I did install it, I got all the OSS plugins etc.

I can't figure out where the dependency should be.. Either gnome mixer/gstreamer should default to OSS, or discover should default to ALSA, but defaulting to opposites is confusing.

Where should the bug be filed?

L.