Re: Non initrd kernel refuses to boot

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:34, David A. Patterson wrote:
> This is really starting to get to me...
>
> Has anybody seen this problem?

AFAICT initrd is required where what you are trying to mount requires more
than is available in CMOS, eg SATA, SCSI etc. I have mounted drives without
initrd but they were straight ide with the kernel on the first partition.

So rebuild your kernel with initrd and you will be done

see
man make-kpkg
for more information

--