Re: OpenOffice - Unrecoverable Error - Debian Sarge

David Nicholls wrote:

Hi There,

I did a standard apt-get install openoffice.org to install open office.

When starting open office, I get the splash screen come up, but then before the application actually starts (any open office package) I get a box come up with: Unrecoverable error, and open office closes.

Anyone had the same problem/found a fix?

You could try moving or removing the openoffice preferences folder in your home directory. It's a folder called .openoffice, just rename it or remove it and try starting openoffice again.

Jason