Re: RE: Kernel 2.6.6 does not recognise /dev/md0 automatically

Lew:
> Herbert Xu the package maintainer for initrd-tools is the authority on
> this, I'd best not spoil his hard work with too many inaccurate rubbish
> statements.
>
> Perhaps someone in the linux-raid mail group can shed some light on this
> and as to which kernel modules are required?

I just finished my Sarge+RAID installation (not that easy, really).
And effectively the 2.6.6 kernel doesn't recognize automatically the
RAID setup, whereas the 2.4 does. And mkrun doesn't detect anything.
The solution I found was simply to generate a /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf
(with mdadm -E -s help) then put AUTOSTART=false in
/etc/mdadm/debian.conf to have mdadm discover the RAId instead of mdrun.
Now it works quite well.

	Xav