Re: problems with dhclient after upgrade to sarge

Hi Klaus,

I did this:

> try to put these in a manual network configuration ...
> would look like this:
> in /etc/network/interfaces
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>	address  66.203.194.60
>	netmask 255.255.255.0
>	broadcast 66.203.194.255
>	gateway 66.203.194.1
>
> then do /etc/init.d/networking restart
> ifconfig; route -n

and it worked! So, as I thought there was no problem with the kernel
recognizing the card, but somehow the information dhclient was getting was
being setup probably in the routing table.

Do you know if this is a long term solution, or should I keep trying to
dhcp to run correctly?

Thanks for your help,

David

David R. Ballantyne			             Ph: 416-978-1775
Canadian Institute for
Theoretical Astrophysics	                    Fax: 416-978-3921
University of Toronto,
60 St. George Street,		     Email: ballanty@cita.utoronto.ca
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5S 3H8		  Web: http://www.cita.utoronto.ca/~ballanty/