Re: VIA KT600 SATA Support

Ben Franske wrote:

Has anyone been successful in getting Sarge installed on a SATA drive
attached to a VIA KT600 motherboard? I've been having problems getting this
to work. Any suggestions? Specifically the motherboard is an Asus A7V600.

Thanks!
Ben Franske

I have a SOYO DRAGON KT600 and I use Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 drives (ST3160023AS 160GB). This motherboard has both Silicon Image Sil3112 SATA controller, and a VIA SATA controller. I'm using the Sil3112 controller, but not with its software RAID. I did have a bit of trouble at first. As I recall, I had to turn off ACPI in order for things to work smoothly. Try putting "acpi=off " in your kernel boot options. If that doesn't work, try adding "noapic" to the kernel options. Worked for me, anyway.

Currently I'm running the 2.6.4 kernel under Debian unstable on this mobo and disk, with no troubles (and software raid1 works again.... yaaay)

Jim