Re: Sarge netinst: CD-RW Sony CRX175A1

Dani wrote:
> I'm netinstalling Debian Sarge from a minimal CD.  I boot the CD and it
> fails to autodetect the CD drive, maybe because it's a CD-RW.  It's Sony
> CRX175A1.  The installation show me the following list of kernel modules:
> aztcd, cdu31a, cm206, gscd, isp16, mcd, mcdx, optcd, sbpcd, sjcd,
> sonycd535.
>
> Which may I choose?  I suspect that none of the above because my drive is
> CD-RW.

It sounds like you're using the new debian installer. So it would be
better to post this to debian-boot@lists.debian.org. I've cc'd that list
to save you the bother.

We probably need to know what type of bus your cd drive uses. If it's a
firewire device, it is probably not quite supported yet by the
installer. It would also be nice to know exactly which ISO image you
downloaded, and from where.

--
see shy jo