Re: Image::Magick perlapi dependency

on Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 11:07:00AM +0200, Bas Couwenberg (Bas@Web-ICT.com) wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> For while I've been trying to install the perlmagick package for Sarge,
> but it has a dependency on perlapi-5.6.1 which cannot be installed.
>
> I've seen other posts about this problems, and those were fixed by new
> packages. I.E. libgd-perl which has the same dependency but can now be
> installed with the new package.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get perlmagick working on Sarge?

Install from unstable.

You can do this using pinning.

Add the 'unstable' sources to /etc/apt/sources.list.

Create an /etc/apt/preferences file as:

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=testing
    Pin-Priority: 950

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=stable
    Pin-Priority: 750

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: 400

Then:

    # apt-get install -t unstable <packagelist>

Peace.

  TWikIWeThey: An experiment in collective intelligence.  Stupidity.  Whatever.
    Technical docs, discussion, reviews, opinion.
      http://twiki.iwethey.org/