Re: apt-get and others die of "Illegal instruction"s

On Friday 27 June 2003 17:48, funky soul wrote:
> hi folx,
>
> on my old 386 [...] "Illegal instruction".[...]

Unless I'm very mistaken this is a glibc issue: some parts of the new libc use
a 486-only instruction; there was quite a huge discussion (I believe it's
still going on) on some mailing lists and in the BTS, search for anything
with i386 in the Subject.

Not sure how to solve the problem for you, even less sure how Debian intends
to solve the problem. Your best bet right now is probably to downgrade to the
woody libc6 again.

cheers
-- vbi

--