Re: Mozilla not opening new Windows

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, gk on the road... wrote:
> cannot open a mail/chat/adressbook window from inside Mozilla browser,
> i.e. neither via Ctrl-2/3/5 nor via "Window" pulldown menue.
> Furthermore, when started as mailclient (-mail) and reading emails, it
> doesn't [mouse-right-click: Open  link in new Window]. But new browser
> window can be opened (ctrl-1 or  pulldown menue).

I have seen a possibly related problem: usually when starting a new window
(_any_ window, including a new browser top-level window (not tab), a help
window, preferences window, etc) the new and old window become
unresponsive for several seconds, with both windows' captions madly
flashing, rapidly switching between inactive and active caption colors.
This doesn't happen every time -- just in most cases.
It's possible the behaviour differs because of the window manager used
(wmaker in my case) -- instead of the two windows warring over having
the focus, your window manager might be simply hiding the new one.

> Noticed this behaviour since a week or too, might be loger. All on a
> recent Sarge system, i386, of course with no such problems before.
Uhm...  I have seen that in at least a few months.

1KB
/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,
| kilobyte@mimuw.edu.pl | I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)