Re: debian sarge

* Daniel Rode <uto@horyzont.net> [030506 15:32]:

> Can anyone tell me "how much stable" is recently debian sarge? I'm
> thinking about changing my dist from woody to sarge, but not sure if there
> won't be much problems with testing version. If you use debian sarge
> please share with me with your experiences with this dist. Thanks.

I'm using sarge on three desktop machines without a problem. Of course
you should be aware that:
1) It is called 'testing', so some things might not work, so you
should now how to fill bug reports
2) Securety-fixes hit sarge at last. So you should subscribe to
debian-securetty-announce, and a problem is encountered, which apply to
one of your machines, you should know how to fix that problem.
3) It should be clear, that it is not a good idea, to run something
called "testing" on a server or any other machine, which must be
workable 24/7.

cu
Alex

--