Shift+NumLock = beep forever

I've been having a really annoying problem with X: when I hit
Shift+NumLock, it launches into an infinite beeping loop.  This is the
PC speaker beeping, so I can't turn it down or anything.  Only solution
is to terminate the X server (logout, Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, whatever).

Doesn't have anything to do with the window manager or anything: if I
run "X" from the console and hit Shift+NumLock on the bare stippled grey
screen with no windows or WM or anything, it still happens.

I'm running "unstable" with XFree86 4.2.1-4.  Anyone seen anything
similar?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get you.