Re: Virusscan

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 18:15, Jord Swart wrote:
> All,
>
> I know the the amount of virusses on Linux is close to zero, nevertheless I
> was wondering if you guys know of a GPL-ed virusscan for Linux? I know McAfee
> has one for Unices available, but I would rather not use it.

Yo!

All Virus scanners for Unix (that I know of) are really email virus
scanners which you use to scan mail on the mailserver before the mail is
passed on to the (windows) mail readers. They scan for the usual windows
viruses.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm not aware for any virus
scanner for unix that is supposed to scan for unix viruses.

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/smtp