Re: Debian Sarge - no X unless root

Jim Seymour wrote:

This is my first experience with Debian. The install seemed to go okay however the only way I can log into X is by session "Debian" and logging in as root. As a user the error messages are as follows:

User>KDE session message:
Could not read network connection list.
/home/jim/.DCOPserver_localhost_0 (file does not exist)

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!

I had the same issue. The problem is, that the /usr/X11R6/bin folder is 700 with owner root. I changed it to 755 and then everything works fine.

Regards

Marcel