Re: testing currently unusable ?

Just a simple, ignorant, lazy end user who believes in "keep it simple
and stupid", my experience with "unstable" has been very good.  Unstable
seems stable enough for me.

What has helped me enormously in keeping the system "fit and clean" is
to run the system utility "orphaner" (I use "orphaner libs" in the X
version, good for chronically lazy people like me), to get rid of any
"orphaned" (= not required for any application) libraries.  This,
AFAICS, keeps the system from loading old and/or superfluous versions of
libraries, thus preventing it from getting confused.

Otherwise, I have set apt to "unstable" in /etc/apt/apt.conf and just
let "apt-get update" and "apt-get -u -y upgrade" do their jobs.  No
problems to date.  YMMV.

Cheers!

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15