Re: Problem making module packages

On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 11:00:09PM +0100, Dimitri Chausson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The problems you've observed after moving ~/modules to /usr/src have
> > been fixed in the latest alsa-source package in unstable, so that's OK.
> >
> > This is the block of code that fills in the list between 'in' and ';'
> > when you do make-kpkg modules_image: (Formatted for reading)
> > (kernel-package 8.020, current testing version, unchanged in unstable
> > version 8.022)
>
> Ok, a good thing.
>
> As you can see in the following script output, even if I export
> $MODULE_LOC, it won't resolve the problem.
> I also executed tried the find, and it behaves correctly, so the '~'
> character is not the pb. The deb package I obtain is, as you can see, in
> the directory /root/modules/ and the name doesn't contain any own
> version information..
> So I think, that it's not the right behavior,

Umm, I said the latest version in Unstable... That hasn't propogated to
your machine yet...
[Trimmed /usr/share/doc/alsa-source/changelog.Debian.gz]

alsa-driver (0.9.0rc7-5) unstable; urgency=low
  * Steve Kowalik:
    - Alsa-source building:
      + Append $KDREV onto the package version. (Closes: #182147)

And you're only building 0.9.0rc7-2 according to the log.

Also, looking at your log, with MODULE_LOC set it seems to work,
apart from trying /root/modules as a module directory as well as
/root/modules/alsa-source... This is because you're using ~/modules
in your find line, but only the first one is expanded to
/root/modules... So the grep -v doesn't remove that line from the
output. Try exporting MODULE_LOC=/root/modules and see what happens.