Re: Kde 3 ?

This one time, at band camp, Quenten Griffith said:
> I think the question was though what is the status of how long before it
> shows up in testing or unstable.
> Stephen Gran wrote:

> >>Xfree86: http://people.debian.org/~branden/
> >KDE3: deb http://kde3.geniussystems.net/debian ./
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Steve
I thought I would try to get away with the short answer (^8.  The long
one is that KDE3, at least, is waiting for, IIRC but don't quote me on
this, gcc 3.2 to become the default for unstable, as it works better
with KDE3 for some reason.  Try searching -devel if you're interested in
making sure.  I think the packages are largely done, and once this
version of gcc makes it's way in, they'll follow shortly.  Then the
ususal 2 week lag for testing.  X 4.2, I don't know - I know I saw
something . . . ah, here it is:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200204/msg01343.html

HTH,
Steve