Compaq 17xx and ACPI Support

Hello,

	I sent an email about ACPI some days ago, and I was told to get Intel
lastest patch for 2.4.18 kernel to get acpi support. I know it's still
very *beta*, but maybe somebody can help me.

	First of all, I tried to use kernel 2.4.18 native acpi support, but
here it goes, after loading the modules:

root@puppy:~# wmacpi
wmacpi: found 0 batteries

	.
	As you can see, I got no luck. So, I downloaded Intel lastest patch for
2.4.18 kernel. Aplied it, compiled kernel. It works. But, there's one
issue.

	After installing the acpi_battery module, my system goes very unstable.
Whenever I load it, keyboard stop responding on X. acpi_processor works
too, but if unloaded, make my Kernel to generate a system fault and
freeze.

	All I've been trying to do is to get battery info for my mobile. Any
ideas ?

	apm module wont even load. Fails to an irq,io not found error. The
patch I've tried is 20020404 for 2.4.18.

Thanks a lot

Fernando Jr
G3PD researcher
UCPel / Brazil