Re: Installation troubles after rebooting, loops

Is there a work-around we can use until testing is fixed?

Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

ragnar@this.is writes:

Quoting Christophe TROESTLER <debian00@tiscalinet.be>:

* A more grave problem is that, after rebooting, the system
configuration does not work fine: it loops asking again and again
the timezone (after one creates the accounts).  Eventually I had to
kill it and to finish by hand.

Same problem on the April 1 kernel 2.4 install disks.

(HW: Digital Venturis FX-2 (200 MHz Pentium))

The bug has been fixed in base-config.  You need version 18 of
base-config, which has not yet been pushed into woody.