Re: ulimit question

> OK - thanks for the suggestion, it led me chasing around some files in
> /etc/, and I finally stumbled on /etc/security/limits.conf -
> commenting out the file size restriction fixed my problem, but now I'm
> curious - this restriction affected my X session and ssh logins, but
> not console logins.  Are non-network connections not affected by the
> files in /etc/security/?  Or is it that the default "trust the console
> user" overrides this?  I am just curious if I should file this as a
> bug, or not bother the maintainer with a _feature_not_bug_ type of
> thing.

Stephen,

/etc/security/limits.conf is being read by the pam_limits PAM module.
It is effecting the ssh and X sessions because the pam_limits.o file
is listed in the relevant /etc/pam.d files.

This same problem was driving me nuts until I finally figured it out
the other day!

Wayne

--
Wayne A. Tucker - wtucker@donobi.com