Re: X connection from outside

David Dooling wrote:

> In woody, it is forbidden by default everywhere an X server might be
> started, namely the display managers.  Find the configuration file(s)
> for youe display manager (xdm, gdm, kdm, wdm, ...) and grep for
> 'nolisten'.  Then remove the '-nolisten tcp' option from the X command
> line.

Thanks for the tip, removing -nolisten tcp in /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc and
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers solved the problem.

May the default behaviour be without -nolisten tcp in woody. It's simpler for
everbody, isn't it ?

By the way, I compiled xmx (X protocol multiplexer). I've got some difficulties
with that due to color management. I don't know if it's woody issue or package
missing.

PS: there is no xmx package.

> This question gets asked here every and on debian-user every few days.

I'm sorry, I'm reading the list but I'm about a week on late these days.

> Perhaps this could be asked in a postinst script?

May be good idea.

--
Philippe Ribet

                         The README file said
              "Requires Windows 95, NT 4.0, or better."
                    So... I installed it on Linux!