Gnome-Panel Hang?

Dear all.

Thanks for the clues before on GNOME Setting and XMMS. For GNOME settings it was gtk-engines-* packages that I need to install.

For XMMS, I just start esd as the server at startup and configure plugin to use esd.

But as for XMMS, when I play sound for about a couple of hour, suddenly it just stops. When I click on a song, it hangs and cannot be killed from the menu. I have to do kill -s 9 manually, but it too does not get rid of the XMMS windows.

And afterthat my Panel just hang. I cannot click on it to get any menu or application running. But i can still cycling through windows. I only sets one bottom panel. I cannot even logout the normal way, so I do ctrl-alt-backspace, and back to GDM login. When I login, no GNOME shows up. The display just show my background without any panel or GNOME hints not even GNOME startup.

What happen?

As for clues,
When I restart the machine (Dell), one of the output was:
i810_audio drain dac timeout (or something like that).

The specs:
i810 graphic adapter
Dell optiplex monitor
intel PIII (930.333 from /proc/cpuinfo)
i810_audio

I use (2) unofficial CD Images from fsn.hu date: 20020610.
And do some netinstall after.

Thanks for everything.
It's a Great system!

Best Regards,