Re: dselect access method ?!?

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:27:59PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> > When using dselect I setup the access method string to use the 'stable'
> > distribution.  Does this mean that I am pulling packages from the /potato/
> > directory?  I installed the system with the Woody boot disks and I
> > was
> > hopeing to keep everything on my system up to date with the /woody/
> > packages.
>
> OK, I answered this myself 'man sources.list'.
>
> >  Did I screw up my system now by mis-matching releases?  If so is there
> > a way to upgrade all packages to the most current /woody/ release?

Assuming you set up dselect to use the apt method, I suspect that the
only problem would be that you have not gotten (m)any upgraded
packages.  Change sources.list to point to testing or woody and run
[U]pdate.  [S]elect will tell you what packages it wants to install.
[I]nstall will do the rest.  Or you can use 'apt-get -u dist-upgrade'
which should get most of the upgraded packages and show you a list
before it actually installs anything.

Bob