dselect access method ?!?

When using dselect I setup the access method string to use the 'stable'
distribution.  Does this mean that I am pulling packages from the /potato/
directory?  I installed the system with the Woody boot disks and I was
hopeing to keep everything on my system up to date with the /woody/ packages.
 Did I screw up my system now by mis-matching releases?  If so is there
a way to upgrade all packages to the most current /woody/ release?

I hope this is not too dumb of a question.

Michael