Re: Installing woody

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 11:19:15AM +0100, Svein Erik Kro wrote:

> Everything works fine until I'm installing the base-system.
> I try to connect to an ftp and get this error:
>
> Malformed Release file
> ftp://ftp.se.debian.org:21/debian/dists/woody/Release

This is a mysterious problem.  This week I had a Linux beginners course
and we installed woody on 11 computers at the same time from the same
ftp-site on exactly the same procedure (and identical hardware).  We had
this problem on one of the computers.  Changing the address to unstable
allowed us to continue.

I would like to know where the problem is?

Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off; it is better
      for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two
      hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall
      be quenched."                Mark 9:43