Re: network problems after new install

On Friday, 30. Nov. 2001 at 14:50:25, Tomasz Kosinski wrote:

> all the time. I read in the list that this might be due to loopback
> interface (I don't know what that is) problem, so I added the line
> "auto lo" to my otherwise empty /etc/network/interfaces with no effect,
> then I tried manually "ifconfig lo up" so the loopback interface is
> active, but I still get the same error messages.

Hello Thomasz,

my entry in /etc/network/interfaces for the loopback interface looks
like this:

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Try it this way and then we can look for other failures. Is your lpd
running? Look with "ps auxw |grep lpd".

Hth Michael

--
God made the world in six days, and was arrested on the seventh.