Re: letter in gnome

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Greg Wiley wrote:

> On Tuesday, November 27, 2001 1:48 PM, Mathias.Palm@gmx.net wrote:
>
> > no letters are drawn. Instead there is
> > a reckangle for each letter.
>
> Try restarting the font server.  There was some discussion
> about it a while ago.  If you have the same problem I did,
> it has to do with an upgrade to xfs.
>
>   -=greg

I didn't even have a font-server (are there any others
then xfs ans xfs-ttf?) installed. However, as I wrote one
doesn't need to, as long as one uses only the dependency the test debian
packages provide.

Anyway, installing xfs and deinstalling it again fixed the problem. The
problem seems to be somewhere else, but my application do work now.

Thanks for putting me on the track.

Mathias