Re: woody upgrade issues

also, now my console is locked. i can't use it at all, but i can ssh in!?! can anyone please help?
On Saturday, November 3, 2001, at 04:28  PM, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

Ok, new to testing. I installed potato, then added the testing lines in sources.list. i then proceded to screw up the upgrade by using dselect :-)

then i reinstalled potato, and am doing an apt-get dist-upgrade;apt-get upgrade

but why does it say some packages are being help (mysql-server, and others) are being held, and it can;t find packages such as samba, xfree86-common, sysvinit and others)

is there a faq or anything i can try? should i take the stable lines out of sources.list?

thanks for the help

======

"Twice blessed is help unlooked for." --Tolkien