Re: woody is getting worse...

Branden Robinson wrote:
> There are plenty of bugs I don't intend to "release" XFree86 with, but
> one that requires only a 5-second edit to conffile doesn't strike me as
> "serious" by any stretch of the imagination.

It only takes 5 seconds to fix once you know what you have to fix.
Apparently many people spent much more than that trying to know what
they had to fix in the first place.

The interesting thing is that it also takes 5 seconds to increase the
severity of a given bug to "serious".

The difference is that raising the severity would have taken only 5
seconds in total, but if you want to measure the time our users lost
you have to multiply by the number of users affected (probably several
thousands).

Thanks.