Re: PLIP install (was Re: Still no base tarball)

Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> writes:

> >An important thing to notice in the docs is that plip seems to need
> >the irq _and_ io set when loading the module to work properly. I
> >tested it with several systems and archs and it never worked completly
> >without options (even though it said it would use correct irq and io
> >settings after probing). The symptoms are that all seems to be correct
> >but plip just gives timeouts.
>
> I don't think this is the case any more.  Using `irq=auto' should be enough.
>
> p.

2.4.7 failed (plip said it wouldn't have an IRQ), 2.4.9 seems to work
(it reports an irq for use). But my plip partner is off, so I can't
test if it realy works.

Better mention it in the docs because its hard to see the problem if
the kernel reports the right irq/io settings but still fails.

MfG
        Goswin