Re: Still no base tarball

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 05:17:21PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 07:39:41PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > However, even for these cases, we should provide basedebs.tgz and
> > > split base provided in a well-known location, hopefully as part of the
> > > Debian archive itself.
> > > Maybe AJ disagrees?
> > Why would you think that? All I've said is I don't have the bandwidth
> > to build these things and upload them. No one else seems to be at all
> > interested in doing anything about it, either.
> So, Steve Frost is "No one else"?

No, Steve Frost is the guy who responded when I begged on IRC for someone
with enough bandwidth to be bothered running the shell fragments I posted
to -boot and -testing earlier in this thread.

>   http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_alpha.tar
>   http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_i386.tar
>   http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_powerpc.tar

> All we really need is a spot in the archives where these can be placed so
> the "public" can access them.

What public, exactly, can't access them where they are right now?

Why are you being so persnickety about this? Download the bloody things
and *test* them already! Surely that's gotta be more interesting and
worthwhile than trying to find things to snipe at me about.

Cheers,
aj