Re: Still no base tarball

* Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> [010817 09:59]:
> > > You don't know how your installer sofware works? Boy do I feel secure...
> > Oh take a frigging pill. debootstrap gets a full path to the tarball
> > from boot-floppies. How the boot-floppies choose that path is up to them.
> Why didn't you simply say this in the first place instead of being so GD
> defensive?
> > > -boot guys hell!!!
> > Yeah. Real productive. Geez.
> I agree. It is "real productive" to pass responsibility back and forth
> between you and the BF team...
> > Thanks for cc'ing to -devel. Can't be a real flamewar without that,
> > can it?
> "Just the fax mam."
> I have been trying to gain the information you just provided from our very
> first interaction. You have objected to doing technical support for the
> I find it very unsatisfying that our release manager thinks that technical
> inquery is flame war fodder.

Lets see here.  In all the quoted things the furthest in is Dale.  This
is where the 'flame war fodder' began.

I'm not convinced, and it was mean to just go off cc-ing this to devel.
Do you see lots of people jumping up and down to tell you anything?

Why not make your tone into a feature request if it didn't exist yet
rather than a crazed demand that exising featureset might be broken in a
new iteration.  You'd wonder why developers listen to users if they all
acted like that.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net