Re: Still no base tarball

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 08:45:15AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:32:11AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > > Anthony, Adam tells me that you are the responsible party for the base
> > > tarball. Where do we find this beast?
> > Hrm. I don't really have the b/width to make these available. They're pretty
> What do you mean!

I have regular connectivity issues.

> You, of all people on the project, [...]

There are other people in the project. I'm sorry, but I really can't do
everything.

> Most of the participants in the debian-testing group, even with Linux
> machines, would be better served with a simple downloadable file.

Yes, I'm aware of that, it's just that I can't reasonably put that
downloadable file up anywhere myself. Anyway, I asked around on irc and
Steve Frost has put some up as:

	http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_alpha.tar
	http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_i386.tar
	http://people.debian.org/~sfrost/basedebs_3.0_powerpc.tar

Which should be enough to get you started.

Cheers,
aj