Re: problems in upgrade

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 05:13:17PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:

> I wonder why woody's libc6 depends on libdb2 in the first place.
> What is the exact nature of this dependency?

Glibc 2.2.x does not contain the db1/db2 libs that were present in
potato's 2.1.x glibc. So that functionality was moved to libdb2 (by
means of adding versioned symbols to the same library as libdb2's).

I'm looking into a means for ensuring upgrades wiht this setup, but I'm
open to suggestions (and moving a hacked libdb.so.3 back to libc6 is not
an option I want to work with).

Ben