Re: problems in upgrade

> Are you sure this is the cause of the perl upgrade mess though? Apt tries
> to immediately configure essential packages wherever possible, afaik, which
> means Depends: generally end up the same as Pre-Depends: anyway, no?

I'm using apt.  The log I posted shows apt blowing huge chunks on
update.  I don't understand the details of this, so I'm not willing to
assert the failure is this instead of that, but if you think it is
something that should not happen with apt, please look at what I
posted and say what you think it might be instead.

Thoams