Obsolete packages?

I run debian testing and I was looking under the obsolete and locally created
packages in aptitude, and it appears that a lot of packages I use have been
obsoleted. These include kdebase, all the X packages, and a few others. So i
went to the debian website, and checked to make sure and sure enough, they no
longer apear in the package listings. The list of X11 packages has gotten
especially shorter. Anyone know why this has happened?

thanks,
Mike