CPAN & Perl

While trying to install perl modules via the CPAN shell (perl -MCPAN
-e 'shell') it wants to install perl-5.6.1.  I'm assuming this will
clash with the currently installed woody package perl (perl-5.6.0).
So is there either a new perl-5.6.1 woody package (or coming soon?) or
does someone know how to tell the CPAN shell not to try to upgrade it?
If I see it trying, I keep hitting Ctrl-c until it stops, but this
doesn't seem like a good way to handle it.

Thanks,
Rob